“The mission of the Hancock County Economic Development Corporation is to enhance the economic vitality of Hancock County”
– Facilitated several Hancock County Mayor Meetings via technology-based platforms on topics concerning the COVID-19 crisis and strategizing actions and steps to help Hancock County businesses and municipalities recover and survive, including but not limited to the Request to the Governor to amend the Five Phase Reopen Illinois plan to better fit Hancock County’s unique and vibrant demographics and low COVID-19 case result count.
– Initiated and formed partnership with Carthage Community Development Corporation, Hancock County Mayors and Municipalities, the Hancock County Board and local business owners to write and apply for Downstate Small Business Stabilization Grants totaling nearly $300,000 for Hancock County businesses which were deemed non-essential or extremely impacted by the Governor’s Executive Orders.
– Obtained Illinois State grant funding for Hancock County 2020 Winery Census Crawl. Organized and developed promotional and marketing campaigns for the event and partnered with Lake Hill Winery, Baxter’s, The Press House, and The Warsaw Brewery. This event drew visitors from Iowa, Springfield, Bloomington, and Adams County among other areas. The event both raised awareness and aided in response rates for the 2020 US Census for Hancock County and helped raise positive awareness of Hancock County for a wide surrounding geographical area and produced revenue for the venues and participating vendors and entertainers.
– Hancock County Wide Liaison for the US 2020 Census. Obtained and allocated funding for promotional and educational purposes such as radio, television, and marketing advertisements to raise the awareness of the importance of self-responding to the US 2020 Census,and also provided regional marketing and promotion for Hancock County as a tourism and economic development option for future opportunities.
– Ongoing posts on social media and through other communication channels to communicate to small business’s disaster relief resources available to them.
– The ongoing communication with DCEO and the weekly conference calls or WebEx meetings.
– Maintaining connections to our state and federal legislators and agencies to keep them updated of current situation needs of Hancock County.
– Obtained letters of support from Senator Tracy, Representative Frese and Congressman LaHood for Downstate Small Business Stabilization Grant Program, and Nauvoo Community Center Fast Track Grant,among others.
– Continued work with the Brownfield Coalition to evaluate buildings and sites for hazardous materials which will allow for demolition, reuse planning and redevelopment.
I look forward to continuing the work we have begun together in Hancock County and appreciate your continued support and partnership.
Belynda F. Allen
Executive Director Hancock County Economic Development Corporation
Email: [email protected]